PM Breakout 2
with Kim St. Martin
Multi-Disciplinary Teams (Child Study, Student Support Teams) have a critical role in ensuring learners access high-quality intervention supports and are responding to the instruction. A part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team supports includes ways to effectively support educators (general education, special education, para-educators) to intensify instruction when data suggest students are not responding as anticipated.
Participants in this session will
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a Multi-Disciplinary Team in overseeing intervention supports (Tier 2 and Tier 3).
- Describe the five steps for intensifying instruction using a data-driven, responsive process.
- Distinguish the level of intensity for Tier 2 and Tier 3 intervention.
- Introduce the Taxonomy of Intervention Intensity and its role in informing intervention selection and adaptations to intervention instruction.
- Outline district decisions needed for schools to use effective methods for intensifying instruction.
- Provide lessons learned from supporting Multi-Disciplinary Teams.