AM Breakout 8
Implementing Instructional Coaching to Maximize Impact
with Debbie Boersma and Nicole Coleman
Instructional coaching can be an effective mode for job-embedded professional development. In this interactive session, participants will engage in learning around a three-part coaching model embedded within a MTSS structure. Participants will develop a common language for instructional coaching, an overview of each phase of the mode and hear lessons learned through the implementation of an Instructional Coaching model.
Participants in this session will learn
- Develop a common language and understanding of instructional coaching.
- Deepen understanding of the critical components of an instructional coaching system embedded within an MTSS model.
- Identify the instructional coaching scope and sequence aligned to the district/building goals.
- Spend time looking at each of the coaching components to ensure implementation integrity.
- Have access to tools and documentation used to measure impact of the instructional coaching model.
Best people for this session
- Instructional Coaches
- Educators interested in building a coaching model
- Educational stakeholders who support instructional coaching